Cole Neighborhood Association (CNA) Meeting Minutes
THURSDAY APRIL 14 TH , 2016
Crime Report Sgt. Hausner provided update on crime/police activity in March / April
- Sg. Hauser reported violent was crime down and property crime was up for the period
- Reported body found in trash can at 33rd & Race is still an ongoing homicide investigation. Preliminary findings do not point to gangs, but not ruled out asked for community input (video footage, eye witnesses, etc.)
- Recent police activity at 38th High gang related Lockdown at neighborhood school ( anyone know the school? ) was bc a person with a gun was reported( person did not have a not a gun and lockdown was lifted)
Tim Watkins provided an update on the proposed rezoning around the 38 th and Blake Station
- Property at 3800 Franklin went back to rezoning
- 38th and Blake Talked ongoing refinement of station height plan with focus on building height. Info at https://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/communityplanninganddevelopment/planninganddesign/plansinprogress/38thBlakeStationAreaHeightAmendments.html
- May final draft preferred alternative; Public hearing mid June; Phase 2 Oct/Nov until the end of the year for rezoning
- Higher density decreases vehicle trips and decreases length of trips.
- 20% of attendees at last public meeting lived near station 40% lived or owned property
- Goal: More ground floor activation
- Maximizing opportunity around infrastructure(metro rail) transit oriented development
- Sidewalk, art and signage, lighting and safety
- Parks and open space (pocket park)
- Street facing entrance
- Tapering at 35 stories, with max being 8-12 up to 16
- Greater density increases (higher buildings permitted) repeatedly received the most votes (if you disagree with this change, please attend 4/26 public feedback meeting)
- Gilpin and 38th looking west design will be generated for next meeting
- Discussed exploring parking perm for nearby Cole residents
CNA Board Elections
Vice President. Current: Rebecca Gumaer stepped down but remain in advisory capacity for the time being. Mike Dugan nominated/elected.
Treasure. Current: Paul Kaiser. Paul Kaiser nominated/reelected.
Media Director. NEW POSITION – Website and newsletter. Graham McBain nominated/elected.
At Large. NEW POSITION – Coordination with committee chairs, INC and Block Captains. Tim Allen, nominated/elected.
- CNA Monthly Meeting venue, survey handed out. Also posted on FB and ND.
- CNA Meeting signs for sale $10-20 donation requested. Will have more signs at next meeting. If venue changes, CNA will provide stickers with updated location.
- www.ColeDenver.com is getting a facelift, drop by for neighborhood information, calendars and more.
- Reminder, Cole Service Day is May 21 st ! Questions or project ideas can be sent to email@example.com . Added Russell Square park as site.
- Cole Block Party is scheduled! July 30 th on MLK between High St and Lafayette St – mark your calendars!
Call for graphic designer, bands, volunteers, etc. Next planning meeting May 3rd.
- April 2324 Doors Open Denver. 10:00am Historic walking tour of Cole available. Please register at: http://doorsopendenver.com/
- New emails for board and committee chairs;
General – firstname.lastname@example.org
CNA Executive Board – email@example.com
Zoning – firstname.lastname@example.org
Block Captains – email@example.com
Ballots and location surveys gathered.
End of meeting.